I get asked this question all the time, “Why do I need to train my dog? The simple answer is also a question and is always the same: “Do you want a long and rewarding relationship with your Dog? Assuming the answer to this question is yes, a Dog Training Program is a worthwhile investment in time and money.
While common sense is at the heart of Dog training, enrolling in a Dog Training Program will give you the knowledge and insights on more effective training techniques. Training is for life so you should continually challenge your Dog throughout their lifetime. Here at The Dog Stop we offer a number of Training Programs specifically tailored to you and your Dog:
- Want to help your Dog deal with real life situations? Check our 3 month, 10 pass Social Obedience Membership.
- Want to learn how puppies communicate and how to use food in their training? Register for our 6 week Puppy Progress Program
- Would you like to learn how to effectively use obedience commands? Our beginner course, Level 1 Obedience is for you
- Want to keep your Dog agile and healthy while having fun? Try our 6 week Fun Agility Programs
For more information on these and all our Dog Training Programs, check our web site: The Dog Stop. You can also email us at email@example.com or call us at 905 822 5885. Here are the dates of our upcoming Training Programs:
To get you started on that long and rewarding relationship, here are some of our favourite Do’s and Don’ts
- Do be nice to your Dog every time he comes around
- Do get into the habit of giving a command only once
- Do use your Dog’s name to get his attention…then tell him what you want him to do
- Do provide an outlet for your Dog’s energies
- Do be consistent in your actions and expectations
- Don’t do anything your Dog perceives as unpleasant when he comes to you
- Don’t nag your Dog by repeating commands
- Don’t use your Dog’s name and then expect him to read your mind
- Don’t expect your Dog to know what the word ‘No’ means no
At The Dog Stop we are dedicated to ensuring that you and your pet have a long and healthy relationship. We offer Walks N Wags Pet first aid courses for Dogs and Cats. From learning how to prevent illness and injuries to dealing with bleeding, broken bones, choking, CPR/AR and so much more. Our next course is March 8, 2015. We also offer Training Programs for every age and stage. Click here for details: Training Programs.
Like us on Facebook: The Dog Stop